Chair’s Opening Remarks: Form PF, its Purpose and
- PF: an enterprise risk management exercise
- Stated purpose
- Likely uses
- Mandate for ERM
- Challenges for firms
Don Mumma, Managing Director, AXIOMSL
9:00 –9:45 getting Started
RAuM: What is it and What isn’t it?
- GAAP considerations
- Designating a “CPFO”
- Resource allocation
- – internal vs. external
- – administrators and other third-party providers
- Counting assets of an advisor’s “related persons’
- Leave yourself enough time!
Gary S. Kaminsky, Principal, ROTHSTEIN KASS
Michael L. Sherman, Partner, DECHERT LLP
9:45 Morning break
“Scoping”– determining Your Reporting Obligations
Based on the Types of Funds You Manage
- Determining the type of fund you manage
- Implications of being classified as a “hedge fund” and what can be done about it
- Differing reporting obligations (timing and data requirements) for different types
- of funds
- Treatment of non-U.S. funds
- Assets to include in reporting thresholds and how to treat parallel managed accounts
Robert VanGrover, Partner, SEWARD & KISSEL, LLP
James E. Thomas, Partner, ROPES & GRAY LLP
Real World Implementation & Considerations for
- Are funds building or buying?
- Technology solutions
- How’s Form PF being cross-referenced with other client related information?
- How are funds dealing with the intersection of lawyers, consultants, administrators, etc. internally?
- How are funds organizing teams and workflow processes for optimal results?
Bruce Berger, CFO and COO, ATLANTIC INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
James Gange, Chief Compliance Officer, DAVIDSON KEMPNER CAPITAL
Dan Connell, President, CONCEPTONE, LLC
Nadya Frukter, Chief Financial Officer, HUDSON BAY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Brian Guzman, General Counsel, Partner, INDUS CAPITAL PARTNERS, LLC
Michael Henry, Executive Director, CCO, Merchant Banking/Real Estate, MORGAN
STANLEY | LEGAL ANd COMPLIANCE
12:00-1:10 Luncheon for all attendees & speakers
Handling the Quirky, Confusing and downright
Scary Questions in Form PF
In this session, speakers will address some of the conundrums faced by funds in
completing form PF such as:
- Question 4: Do you or don’t you?
- Risk calculations
- How to treat derivatives
If you have specific questions you’d like addressed, please submit them to
Lmedlen@frallc.com and reference the Form PF Boot Camp
Lynn Connolly, Director of Risk Management Advisory, CONSTELLATION
INVESTMENT CONSULTING GROUP
Thomas Elwood, General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, gREYLOCK
CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC
Christopher Rose, Director, Advisory Services, KPMg
Josh Levinson, Deputy General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, gOLuB
Patricia Morrissey, Senior Vice President, HIGHBRIdGE CAPITAL
2:15-2:30 Afternoon Break
2:30 – 4:00
Keys to Effective data Aggregation and Storage
- The importance of understanding netting agreements, repo agreements and broker-dealer arrangements
- Mapping relationships
- Aggregation of data among multiple fund administrators, prime brokers and accounting systems
- Benefits of data standardization and central data warehousing
Janaya Moscony, President, SEC COMPLIANCE CONSULTANTS, INC.
John R. Sampson, Financial Services Risk Management, ERNST & YOUNG LLP
Kelli Brown, Director of Private Funds, DATA AGENT LLC
Dileep Bhat, Senior Manager, NORTHPOINT
James M. Leahy, Chief Financial Officer, MARATHON ASSET MANAGEMENT
Alex Tsigutkin, Chief Executive Officer, AXIOMSL
Implications for SEC Registered Advisors Who Also
Register as CPOs
- What portions should be completed?
- How frequently does it get filed?
Steven M. Felsenthal, General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer, THE